Directions and transport
- Taxi: One taxi costs approximately € 45.00 and seats up to 4 people. A taxi can be found in front of the arrival hall and the duration is about 20 minutes.
- Public transport bus: The public transport bus line 397 can be found in front of the arrival hall and costs € 6,50 per person. (Get your ticket at the kiosk next to this bus, return ticket € 11,25). When you get off at the stop called “Leidseplein” you will find two big hotels, the “Marriott Hotel” and “NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel”, between these two hotels you will find the Vondelstraat. This is our street, please enter this street and look for house number 44-46 on your right side.
- Train and Tram: From Schiphol airport to Amsterdam Central Station you can take the train for € 5,50 per person. After reaching the Amsterdam Central Station you can take tram number 2, 11 or 12 to the stop called “Leidseplein” (tram tickets can be bought on the tram and cost € 3,40 per person), from this tram stop it’s a few minutes walking to our hotel.
FROM AMSTERDAM CENTRAL STATION
- Taxi: A taxi can be taken from the front side of the Central Station. The costs are approximately € 15,- and it takes about 10 minutes to get to our hotel.
- Tram: from the Central Station you can take numbers 2, 11 or 12 to the stop called “Leidseplein” (tram tickets can be bought on the tram and cost € 3,00 per person), from this tram stop it’s a few minutes walking to our hotel. When you get off at “Leidseplein” you will find two big hotels, the “Marriott Hotel” and “NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel”, between these two hotels you will find Vondelstraat. This is our street, please enter this street and look for house number 44-46 on your right side. The total duration is about 15 minutes.
(Address: Vondelstraat 44, 1054GE, Amsterdam) or use Google Maps
Tip! Choose your option based on the length of your stay and your plans.
Public parking: Public parking spots are available on the street just in front of our hotel. The costs are € 6,00 per hour or € 54,00 for 24 hours. Please note that the maximum is 24 hours per ticket purchase.
P+R parking garage(s): The Park and Ride parking concept has already been successfully established in many countries providing affordable and accessible parking for tourists. Garages that are situated a bit further out of the center now offer a number of designated parking spots for only EUR 1,00 parking fee per day. (excluding €5,00 public transport fee to return to the city center). It only takes one hour to have your car parked and be back in the center. The maximum parking length is 4 days. Read more here
Regular parking garages: Depending on the location of the parking garage the rates vary between €3,00 and €6,00 per hour. Be aware of the maximum prices! Often the rate per hour seems similar or cheaper compared to the street, however, you risk paying all the hours during the night (after 00:00) as well. For example: €4,00 per hour with a maximum charge within 24 hours is €72,00.
Costs of public transport in Amsterdam
GVB day or multiple-day tickets entitle you to unlimited travel through Amsterdam by tram, bus, and metro(subway), for the number of hours that best suit your plans we provide the list with prices. For example, the 1-day ticket is valid for 24 hours from the moment you do your first check-in on the tram.
|1 hour||€ 3,40||(available on the tram by debit/credit card)|
|24 hours (1 day)||€ 9,00||(available on the tram by debit/credit card)|
|48 hours (2 days)||€ 15,00||(only at official selling points)|
|72 hours (3 days)||€ 21,00||(only at official selling points)|
|96 hours (4 days)||€ 26,50||(only at official selling points)|
|120 hours (5 days)||€ 33,00||(only at official selling points)|